03 October 2007

Roundtable # 29 - boxes and beer

I hate moving. More than that, I hate the feeling you get when all your friends leave, and you’re stuck with a mountain of belongings that won’t get organized/sorted for weeks. Or months.

You think it’s going to go something like this:


And it ends up going something like this:


Then the pirated wireless internet you were so happy to discover decides to crap out on you as you’re working on your Roundtable review, and then you find yourself finishing up your review when you should be working…

Ahem. On to the beer, shall we?

With all six Knights gathered together (at a real round table, no less!), we decided on the La Trappe Quadrupel from Brouwerij de Koningshoeven. Right away, I knew this was going to be an awesome beer - the yeasty nose with a hint of apple cider, the extremely smooth drinkability, the deceptively high ABV, the way all the Knights were grinning in tandem... seriously, I think Gina might have even been giggling! I give this beer 4.5 mugs, with opportunity for advancement.

I have very little experience with this style of Belgian beer, but this stuff makes me want to go to the Hop Shop and buy up anything I can't pronounce. I predict that my refrigerator will be a little fuller soon -- if I can make my way to it through these damn boxes, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment