17 August 2006

Drinking Beer & Kicking Balls

I posted the following on Jackson's Daddy, too:

So I was reading Newsweek this morning, and found the most interesting article. Unbeknownst to me, there exist adult kickball leagues around the country. They're under the umbrella of the World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA). I shit you not! I guess they're for those of us who just aren't going to be playing in basketball leagues or anything like that. Drinking is strongly encouraged, and in some leagues, it's mandatory that you carry your beer while running bases. What a great idea!

So I checked out the WAKA site, and there aren't any leagues currently in Indianapolis, but WAKA is trying to get some started. So I signed up, and emailed a bunch of people. So if you're in Indy, check it out, sign up, and let's kick some balls!!

2 comments:

  1. this is brilliant. I just signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah, it is! Gotta make this thing happen here!

    ReplyDelete